The Company Apprentice has ended
Heroes Blogs | Moose Humor

Friday, August 7, 2009

Paper Jam - Writing and Shooting the Pilot

Write and shoot the pilot.
It was not as easy as I thought it was going to be. In fact I'd prepared 2 groups of writers to hammer out the initial pilot. One was a crack group of televsion writers who'd produced award winning British, American and Australian drama.
The other group was these guys.

Of course the crack group of writers had egos and rifts began to form quickly. In an attempt to unify the award wining writers I locked them up in a basement. I checked on them a day later and they had all killed themselves. It might have had something to do with the motivational song I had playing in a loop.

I asked for the Dolly Parton version, but, the producers wouldn't allow it.

It was left to the b-listers to write the pilot, but, under my direction I was sure we'd have a total hit on our hands. By the end of the first day we had the basic plot of the series down and were working hard on the dialouge of the lead characters.
"And I'm cute too!" threatened the skinny blue guy whose name was Grohvar. "Say it you piece of fluff. Say it!" he screamed. He was holding a revolver on the head of the guy call Bjert.
"Ten to one he kill him then I eat his carrot." said the carrot monster to me.
"Thats all great dialouge guys." I congratulated. "But I'm not sure thats what a loving daughter says to her father even if she's in league with the bad guys trying to stop her father from uncovering their evil consipiracy."
The script was finished and no one died, Bjert went mad and left, but, the script was finished and that was the main thing. Then we had to cast the family and the main cast of this drama I had my pick of the finest actors available for pilots. I beleive we got it right.
Then the bad guys. The evil corporate overlord.
Excellent!

Now getting the assassin was a bit diffcult cause El-moe went and advertised in "Soldier of Fortune"
We got a few basic mercs and some extras. They said they'd do their own stunts so we hired them all. Of course then Urnie got all up in my grill about not hiring a female assassin to subvert the male dominated stereotype. Urnie had a point so I hired one.

1 comment: